Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Christmas friend poem 2006

‘Twas the year before Christmas And back at my home, I saw something stirring. . . A witch or a gnome. I thought about stockings To get just for fun, But the witches were tempting; They were bought, I was done. With all of the Christmas Decor in our homes, I thought Halloween Might be good for these gnomes. Then I had a new idea Right there in my head, So the witches were put off ‘Til this year instead. Then we went to Honduras; The cornhusk dolls were cute. And I thought, “I’ll give both. My friends won’t give a hoot.” But one more thing popped Into my little brain; So I made a cd (And it was quite a pain). Now Shauna, now Marilyn, Now Bonnie, now Trice, I really must tell you I feel blessed and pleased With the friendship we’ve forged Over so many years, As we’ve shared in our moments Of laughter and tears. So the songs I’ve included Are songs about friends; And how blessed you should be For the love that you send To so many people In so many ways. It’s a wonderful world, And I’m singing your praise. This poem is now ended. I’m all out of rhyme; Except for to wish you A great Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment