Wednesday, March 30, 2016

May 2007 for Mom for Mother's Day

For 55 years you’ve been my mother, And if I were to choose, there’d be no other That I would have picked--you’re the perfect one. You make every moment in life so fun. You’re spiritual, funny, creative and kind, Well-traveled, well-read, and you have a great mind. Your computer savvy rivals the best. All who enter your home feel like honored guests. That “happy gene” we received from you Has helped with the struggles we all go through. Your ability with the written word Is so incredible it’s almost absurd-- From missionary letters to funeral thoughts, To birthday “epistles”, you’ve written lots! You’ve lifted the downtrodden, helped the poor. You are the mother I truly adore. I ask myself daily why I was so blessed With a mom so superior to all the rest. It’s a wonderful life I have, that’s true; But the joy from each moment I owe to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment